The agriculture industry is expected to be one of the largest markets for drones.
Drones have the ability to help farmers monitor crops and examine the field for harmful insects and nutritional deficiencies.
Using infrared imagery, farmers can inspect the health of their crops by detecting the levels of chlorophyll in the leaves. Farmers can also match up imagery with GPS coordinates to identify exactly where specific treatment is needed. As a result, farmers see an increase in yield and decrease in costs associated with that yield.
- Monitor crops for ripeness
- Inspect crops for diseases
- Inspect crops for harmful insects
- Inspect crops for nutritional deficiencies
- Distribute pesticides – pest control